Determine percentiles of raster pixels and extract selected percentiles of pixels to points

06-06-2022 09:49 AM
Saisai
by
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I have generated a random number of points covering a raster and would like to obtain the percentiles of the pixels of these points to use in training a classifier. I am more concerned with the 20th, 50th and 75th percentiles and would like to do this using python but if there are arc tools for this I would be glad for the recommendation.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Extract by Points (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

will enable you to get the raster value at your points, however, you would have to determine your percentiles from the derived data.

Field Statistics To Table (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

would give you the 25, 50 and 75th percentiles from the first and 3rd quartile and the mean

... sort of retired...
Saisai
by
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your prompt response, I'm not sure if the field statistics tool provides the solution I was looking for, forgive my earlier question I don't think I laid out my request fully.

I have image bands of 2,3,4,5 and 7 and would like to get 20th, 50th and 80th percentiles for each band as tiff images and then later extract the pixel values of certain points to train a classifier.

Is the output of these percentiles as a tiff image doable?

Thank you.

0 Kudos