Creating a polyline from a start to end point, following points of the same elevation

Jump to solution
05-06-2018 03:24 AM
SimbarasheKapfumo
New Contributor

How are you  people . I have an interesting question which i hope  u might help me with . 

I have  a DEM  and  two point shapefiles. I want  to draw  a line from point 1 in shapefile 1 to any point  in shapefile 2 which has the  same  elevation with point 1. The  line  should follow points of the  same elevation in the DEM hence the  line will likely be an winding line rather than a straight one.

Thank  you  for your  time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Contour list .... or even contour, then convert to polylines.

Finally, intersect with your points using Split at point and keep the bits you want

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Contour list .... or even contour, then convert to polylines.

Finally, intersect with your points using Split at point and keep the bits you want

SimbarasheKapfumo
New Contributor

Thank you  . Its a very long process though  because i had to  do some  clean up to remove  the  other  unwanted contours ..  

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Or if the number is smaller, select the ones you want and make a new featureclass from them

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Do you have an image of the input and final result?

0 Kudos
SimbarasheKapfumo
New Contributor

still writing code to select the wanted lines. there a lot of conditions the lines have to meet and there are a lot of lines.

0 Kudos
SimbarasheKapfumo
New Contributor

is there any way of writing the statement below in arcpy 

arcpy.gp.RasterCalculator_sa("(\"%FlowAcc%\" > 5000)", Rstream)
i want to select values greater than 5000 in Flow Accumulation raster (FlowAcc) and save them to Rstream .
when i put it in python it returned an error : 'int' object has no attribute 'save
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have to provide the raster's name... right now the "\Flo..." stuff is an integer I bet and Rstream needs to be a filename

SimbarasheKapfumo
New Contributor

Rstream is a file. the code is so long i just shorted it. But whole code is almost the same as the 1 i used and it worked well 

arcpy.gp.RasterCalculator_sa("Con(\"%Fill (2)%\" == \"%ZonalStast_Max%\",\"%Fill (2)%\")", MaxRasterPoints)
0 Kudos