Converting a raster to an array

Jump to solution
07-01-2016 09:08 AM
MelvinShuster
New Contributor III

Hello to all:

I am interested in creating a workflow that converts a raster to an array. I am familiar with raster technology and I am getting up to speed with NumPy. Related to this, how can I find a list/description of the functions available with NumPy?

Thanks,

Mel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

RasterToNumPyArray—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

NumPyArrayToRaster—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

and these

NumPy Reference — NumPy v1.11 Manual

GitHub - numpy/numpy: Numpy main repository

Once installed which you should have,

import numpy as np

dir(np)    # huge list of properties methods and modules

help(np)  ditto

There is also the scipy and pandas stuff on github and the scipy help references as well. but this should get you going.  Should you get up to speed and wish to get involved in numpy/scipy/  nD array stuff, there is also a small group I maintain for those with more than passing interest and expertise NumPy Repository

ADDENDUM  I also let a fair amount of stuff slip into my regular work and it can  be found in

The ...py... links which has links to my blog  Py... blog there are other blogs equally useful as well

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

RasterToNumPyArray—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

NumPyArrayToRaster—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

and these

NumPy Reference — NumPy v1.11 Manual

GitHub - numpy/numpy: Numpy main repository

Once installed which you should have,

import numpy as np

dir(np)    # huge list of properties methods and modules

help(np)  ditto

There is also the scipy and pandas stuff on github and the scipy help references as well. but this should get you going.  Should you get up to speed and wish to get involved in numpy/scipy/  nD array stuff, there is also a small group I maintain for those with more than passing interest and expertise NumPy Repository

ADDENDUM  I also let a fair amount of stuff slip into my regular work and it can  be found in

The ...py... links which has links to my blog  Py... blog there are other blogs equally useful as well

MelvinShuster
New Contributor III

Dan:

This is most helpful.

Thanks,

Mel