Select to view content in your preferred language

Certain layers not accepting primary symbology from LYRX file from an output paramter

02-06-2024 08:54 AM
AmosWall
New Contributor

Hi all, I hope this is the right place to ask this. I am having a problem with a script where I have quite a few output parameters and layers. The outputs of this script aren't all applying the correct primary symbology from the output parameter but they do apply certain parts of the symbology like labelling for example.

I have concluded it can't be a problem with the output parameter or the LYRX file. This is because if feature class X using output parameter Y works correctly and feature class A using output parameter B doesn't work correctly, then if I change X to either use the same symbology LYRX as B or just use B as its output parameter then it will apply the correct symbology and A using output Y still doesn't work.

This makes me think that it has something to do with the actual feature classes created but I can't work out why it would only fail to apply the primary symbology and not labelling as well.

I hope that makes sense and that some of you can help me out. Let me know if you need any more information at all.

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmosWall
New Contributor

I should also note that it formats the primary symbology to some degree i.e. it sets it to use unique values and use the right field but just doesn't add the field values or symbols.

0 Kudos