Bulk Update Annotation Color

Jump to solution
07-03-2018 02:49 PM
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

I'd like help accessing the annotation fc's color property via python.

Use case: 

We're trying to leverage the Esri annotation in a CAD product. CAD has a black background which matches our anno, which means that the anno is currently invisible on import to CAD. I'd like to modify the anno to white/grey pre-exporting so it'll be visible on import to CAD. We're working with thousands of records and I'd like to automate this export, so editing these individually is out of the question.

I look forward to hearing from the community.

Happy 4th of July

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here's the solution I came up with - 

create a new annotation class with the appropriate color, font and typeface. I extract from PROD into this target annotation class, and then convert to .dwg.

Problem solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Is this via arcpy? or are you trying to access annotation stuff that exists in ArcToolbox?

If it is the former, I can't find anything related to annotation in the 

arcpy-reference...

but you might want to have a look

0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Patterson.

To answer your question, it's the former...but as I understand it, the graphics information are stored in the BLOB field. Ideally I really just want to change the color of all annotation to white or grey.

Thanks for your insight.

0 Kudos

Here's the solution I came up with - 

create a new annotation class with the appropriate color, font and typeface. I extract from PROD into this target annotation class, and then convert to .dwg.

Problem solved.

0 Kudos