Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcpy Pro crash when using memory or in_memory

Jump to solution
02-28-2023 03:31 PM
HarrySmiles
New Contributor III
I updated from ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 to 3.1 yesterday, and since then any time I try to write anything into "memory" or "in_memory" it causes ArcGIS Pro to crash. 
HarrySmiles_0-1677626972532.png

This is an example of some code, but everything I have tried with memory or in_memory causes the same issue.  
arcpy.MakeFeatureLayer_management(input_locations, input_location_layer, f"{input_name_field} = '{location}'")
arcpy.CopyFeatures_management(input_location_layer, f"memory\\{location}_facility")

I have tried doing a full uninstall (including deleting all the Pro folders and registry entries), and I've also tried creating a new Python Environment but get the same issue. 

Any ideas?
12 Replies
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

OK, thanks for a quick post. It looks like the crash is happening very low level in the stack, when trying to read the relationship classes of the data. Is this dataset you're working with particularly old or otherwise have any special characteristics? I'm suspicious that there potentially is some lower level issue based on the fact that it failed again after a reinstallation and was working on your colleagues machine, unfortunately nothing obvious from that crash dump to point at a clear cause other than the relationship classes functions being loaded from a DLL fail.

0 Kudos
HarrySmiles
New Contributor III

Hi Shaun,

Here is a subset of the input data. I tested and get the same issue with this. I don't think it is related to the input data as it works on a different computer, reading the same data from the network drive. I have also tried it locally on my computer with no luck.

Cheers

0 Kudos
HarrySmiles
New Contributor III

After some advise I tried another uninstall and full folder wipe, then reinstalled and it seems to have fixed the issue. I'm not sure what changed as I had done that, but I'm back up and running now.

Thanks