ArcMap copying the default Python libraries like smtp.py while publishing GPService in \v101\<toolbox_name> folder.

1980
2
Jump to solution
04-17-2016 10:07 PM
ShreyaChatterjee
New Contributor

Hello,
I am facing a strange issue since last 2 days. I am trying a publish a GP service containing a simple code to send an email to the provided userid using smtplib. The tool is running successfully and the email is being sent.


After the tool is published, when I am opening the folder

C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\<folder name>\<service_name>.GPServer\extracted
strangely I am finding a tilingservice.xml file.


And when I am opening the folder:
C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\<folder name>\<service_name>.GPServer\extracted\v101\<toolbox_name>
I found that smtplib.py has been copied !

I tried publishing the service from a ArcMap in a different server to mine this issue is not getting reproduced. But when I am publishing my from ArcMap in my laptop to any other server the same issue is getting reproduced.
I have tried deleting the Python27 folder and repairing it but this does not help.
Any help or leads is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shreya

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonMorris2
Occasional Contributor II

I've had this problem, where the publisher takes forever to publish a simple script, then I found it has imported lots of builtin python modules to the gp service folder.

I managed to workaround it though, by changing my imports so only the functions I needed were imported. E.g. change "import module" to "from module import a, b, c, etc."

This post pointed me in the right direction.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonMorris2
Occasional Contributor II

I've had this problem, where the publisher takes forever to publish a simple script, then I found it has imported lots of builtin python modules to the gp service folder.

I managed to workaround it though, by changing my imports so only the functions I needed were imported. E.g. change "import module" to "from module import a, b, c, etc."

This post pointed me in the right direction.

View solution in original post

ShreyaChatterjee
New Contributor

Hello Jon Morris !
Thanks for replying!
As suggested by you I made the following amendments to the code:

from arcpy import *
from smtplib import SMTP

and it worked!

Thanks again!
Shreya

0 Kudos