Analyze Service in ArcGIS Pro When Using Sharing.CreateSharingDraft

02-19-2019 06:01 AM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  We want to begin using ArcGIS Pro to publish services directly to ArcGIS Server (without portal).  Using ArcGIS Pro 2.3 we can assemble the pieces to create a script that generates  an .sd file.  However, we can't figure out how to do an Analyze prior to (or while) generating the .sddraft or .sd files to ensure our service is in good shape and to ensure we are pointing to the right sde database stage so we don't accidentally upload data to server.

I am new to scripting this function, but I think we are looking for something similar to mapping.AnalyzeforSD.  Or we'd be okay with performing the analyze manually prior to running the script.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

6 Replies
MarisaClaggett
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Mary,

An equivalency bug has been logged to allow users to analyze SD draft files in python in ArcGIS Pro.  This functionality should be included in the Pro 2.4 release.

BUG-000121126ArcPy.mp has no current equivalent of ArcPy.Mapping.AnalyzeForSD, preventing ArcGIS Pro users from analyzing service drafts for errors via Python.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Marisa

0 Kudos
AndrewGilbert
New Contributor III

Please note: This is still not resolved in arcpy for ArcGIS Pro 2.6.1.

Here's a link to the bug: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEyMTEyNg==

Currently the status is "Not in Current Product Plan"

0 Kudos
KevinSantiagoCastañeda
New Contributor

Hi!!

Already in the year 2022-jul was it solved? I still can't find it and I'm on arcgis pro version 2.9.0

geeblr
by
New Contributor II

its october 2022 and still there is no sign of analyzeforsd function.

sharing error

Can any1 tell how to upload the service definition from arcgis pro 2.8 n portal 10.9 using Arcpy for the above link?

0 Kudos
Adrian
by
New Contributor II

Even in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3 it is still not possible to analyse a service definition before publishing. We have nightly running automated tasks (re-)publishing services with arcpy for our users. Sometimes they crash and we cannot analyse why. Our workaround is a step back to a manual process: Loading the Layer- or MapFile in ArcGIS Pro and hit the "Analyse" button.

Are there any plans to bring the analyse function back?

0 Kudos
StephenRhea_NV5
Occasional Contributor

It is really frustrating not to have this available! I've submitted an idea pointing to this convo and asking that the bug status be reconsidered.

0 Kudos