Select to view content in your preferred language

Proximity Analysis- Chained Near Analysis

09-18-2016 04:46 PM

Proximity Analysis- Chained Near Analysis

Chained Near Analysis
This tool will conduct a near analysis that will add a new field for every Near Feature input into the Input Features dataset. Unlike Near, this tool will create a column wise set of Near fields for every Near Feature rather than using the closest of all the near features input into the tool. This results in many more fields, so use this only if you have a specific need to know proximity for every feature within the Input Feature class. Consider a Near Table if you want more detailed proximity information and are comfortable with a higher number of records (many to one). 

I largely made this quick script to associate multiple feature classes proximity with the input feature classes very quickly. I usually use long model builder models for this task that are annoying to build. Thought I would share it. 

Example Output 

Example output from the Test Map Document.

Links

Download

Github Page: GitHub - d-wasserman/proximity-analysis: This tool will conduct a chained near analysis creating mul... 

Comments
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

David, you should mirror this to ArcGIS Code Sharing  for those that aren't familiar with GitHub.

DavidWasserman
Regular Contributor

I have a download link marked visibly, but I will think about it. I largely don't want to maintain it in two places. =(

DavidWasserman
Regular Contributor

Hi Dan, I recently found you can put Github links in ArcGIS Code Sharing. Here is the URL: 

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=286cfeecb93d4a4e9b4cff9c7460bebc 

Should I put more information? I have not used it much. 

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The should work fine David, glad you discovered that!

DavidWasserman
Regular Contributor

Hi Dan, 

Yeah I think I will try to do it for more tools now. This makes it really easy to maintain. 

David

Version history
Last update:
‎09-18-2016 04:46 PM
Updated by:
Contributors