Select to view content in your preferred language

Spatio-temporal data store hosted feature layer - Create view with topfilter to return latest observation for each TRACKID

12-05-2023 12:17 PM
egamble
New Contributor

I'd like to build a view layer that returns the newest observation for each trackid in a hosted spatiotemporal feature layer.

I can achieve the desired result using a GET query on my https://webadaptor/adaptor/rest/services/Hosted/<FeatureServiceName>/FeatureServer/0/queryTopFeature... endpoint adding a topFilter={ "orderByFields":"retrievaltime DESC", "groupByFields":"equipment_name", "topCount":1} parameter.

I see in ArcGIS Online you can define a feature layer view with a top filter.  It does not appear that I have this option in ArcGIS Enterprise, or at least not for a Spatiotemporal DS Feature Layer.

Anyone have any ideas for generating the above view? I'm looking to save the overhead of a second feature layer fed by Geoevent "Update Feature".

0 Kudos
2 Replies
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

Doesn't tracker show the last known location as a layer to achieve this already? or do you have a different use case?

Location Tracking 

0 Kudos
egamble
New Contributor

Unfortunately the source data is not users' mobile devices - it's high frequency Geoevent data, around 20 million events per day inbound to the datastore. As far as I can tell from location tracking docs there's no way to patch in geoevent data.

0 Kudos