Select to view content in your preferred language

Publishing web tool based on WFS data

08-01-2022 03:43 AM
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a web tool that will mimic the Screening widget in the web appbuilder. That widget can't consume wfs services, and my data is all from wfs services.

I'm using the Extract data task tool in ArcGIS Pro and it works fine with wfs services.

When I'm trying to publish the web tool to the portal, I'm met by a warning in the Analyze part that the data source is not registrered with the server, which makes sense with wfs data.

But since I have a lot of wfs services/data, I don't want to copy everything to the server. So my question to you all is this:

Is it possible to register the wfs servicen as a source on the server in any way? I can't register it as a Data Store, which also makes good sence. But the tool should always have access to the wfs, so why shouldn't a web tool work?

Anyone know of a shortcut or workaround for this type of problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Aled_Jones
Occasional Contributor

Re: the analyze part - if you're trying to publish the tool and are met with that warning - I believe this is due to the Server not having access to the folder containing the web tool.

I assume the WFS is referenced as a parameter for the tool (via URL).Try selecting "copy all data" when publishing via ArcGIS Pro - I think this will resolve your issue as the tool will be accessible to the server and then any supported WFS URLs can be used as an input parameter via WAB.

The only way of registering the data source of a WFS I know of is via Trusted Servers in ArcGIS Enterprise security settings, although this is usually used for supporting secured OGC services via web tier authentication:

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/configure-security.htm#ESRI_SECTIO...

0 Kudos
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi AledJon,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not trying to publish yet, it is only in the Analyze proces that the warning appears. I could go ahead and just copy everything, but since it is a WFS, there is typically a limitation of for instance 3000 features, so I would not get everything and as mentioned in the text, I have many services, so my server would be filled up quickly if I copied everything.

But do you mean that if I choose "copy all data", all of the WFS data will be available in the published tool, even though I just copied the limited amount of features?

Thanks

0 Kudos