Select to view content in your preferred language

Imagery Image Service slower that WMS counter part

07-31-2022 04:50 AM
GerberMatthew
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am current observing issue regarding response time on ArcServer for a Imagery Image Service compared to the equivalent service created as a WMS Map service.  (Image service has a reponse time of 10 to 25sec, while WMS is 0.25 to 0.3sec...  The 50 times longer request fulfillment time then cause backlogging of SOCs, which in turn causes timeouts and sometimes creates complete failure of the service)

About the 2 service I am comparing

ESRI defaults in ArcDesktop 10.8 were used for publishing both services with the only modification being the redirect of the service to use a geoprocessed created tile cache rather than being dynamic to the mosaic dataset in our enterprise sde.  (Both Imagery Service and Map Service point to the exact same tile cache)

I feel that the while the WMS map service is out of the box "Dumb" in that it reads only the tile cache and returns the image to the web clients, the Imagery Service is getting hung up on pulling mosaic dataset metadata from the sde that are blowing out the ArcServer response times.   

Is there any truth in my theory?  And if so, are there settings that need to be modified away from default to stop the service interrogating the sde mosaic dataset and just give the web clients the "Dumb" image from the geoprocessed tile files?

0 Kudos
0 Replies