Select to view content in your preferred language

Project ideas for e-Pass on book for local police dept.

10-28-2014 09:18 AM
JanilleStearmer
New Contributor

One project I am working on for my local police department is to take specific items from their Pass-on book (items of note/persons of interest related to crimes) and make it accessible to officers in their cruisers on patrol. The idea I have in mind is to use MySQL database in the main shared police drive - I would scan to pdf and upload specific documents, then tag them with certain crime characteristics like type of crime, basic description of person/vehicle. I'd have a simple web interface that officers could access 4-5 drop down lists they can choose tags from, then the query would search the documents in the database for those tags and bring up a display page with documents listed by date, title, and a hyperlink that would show the officer that particular pdf.

Has anyone else worked on a particular project like this? I am thinking this will be simple enough - a database in the shared drive and two web interfaces - one for uploading and tagging documents and one for browsing and linking. Everything goes through our small 4 person IT department and our software system is handled by Tritech.

0 Kudos
0 Replies