Select to view content in your preferred language

mark question as answered and easy - hard

08-02-2010 01:37 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: alnesbit

Hi all,

So, I miss being able to quickly see which questions have been answered and which posting the answer is in. Can we do that again somehow? please?

I also liked seeing which questions were easy, medium or hard. How about that?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
12 Replies
KatharinaDubach
Frequent Contributor
... After the poster has drafted it, she could be presented with a synopsis of closely related materials already in the forum and asked to indicate which, if any, appear to be related.  Links to those could appear with her initial message.  ...

If these links would work cross-language then they would cover exactly what I mentioned earlier in this thread about double-posting in different forum sections.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: alnesbit

Ah, an interesting discussion I started.

I have to admit that I sometimes would rank the question as a 5 even though I knew it wasn't, just so I could get a faster response. If it truely worked and someone answered faster than they would have, I'll never know. But I did think that way...Are you bringing back the MVP point system thing? I also have to admit that I never really learned what it was good for. I mean I saw the people's names highlighted that they answered a lot of questions but was that it? Or did they get something for it? Well, they definitely had my thanks.

I had never thought about an auto search or a FAQ page, like Bill just mentioned. That would be awesome! Man, if ESRI could do that for these forums...well, I would be impressed.
0 Kudos
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor
Ah, an interesting discussion I started.

I have to admit that I sometimes would rank the question as a 5 even though I knew it wasn't, just so I could get a faster response. If it truely worked and someone answered faster than they would have, I'll never know. But I did think that way...Are you bringing back the MVP point system thing? I also have to admit that I never really learned what it was good for. I mean I saw the people's names highlighted that they answered a lot of questions but was that it? Or did they get something for it? Well, they definitely had my thanks.

I had never thought about an auto search or a FAQ page, like Bill just mentioned. That would be awesome! Man, if ESRI could do that for these forums...well, I would be impressed.

There were some prizes in the old MVP program that ranged from Conference Registration and plaques to software licenses.  Details here.

The new program (that we're still developing, then testing before it's fielded) will include credit for more content than just forum answers.  And we want all logged in users to be able to vote on valuable replies, not just the original poster.

Until then you may notice that some users currently on the forums have a "Forums MVP" badge under their name.  This recognizes those who had at least once placed in the Top 10 annually.  These folks are peer-recognized as valuable contributors.   They put in a lot of free time and effort out here, and we all appreciate their efforts.
0 Kudos