Select to view content in your preferred language

Oriented imagery: Error in creating coverage map. ERROR 001117

Jump to solution
03-31-2022 07:14 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am working through the oriented imagery tutorial(https://doc.arcgis.com/en/imagery/workflows/tutorials/creating-an-oriented-imagery-catalog.htm). When creating the coverage map with the GP tool, I get the following error: Error in creating coverage map. ERROR 001117: Map description property must be set
Failed to execute (CreateVectorTilePackage).

However, there is nowhere to set a map property description while running the function, and the coverage map within the catalog has a description already. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got a direct answer from Randall at ESRI that resolved it: 

The GPTool Is looking for a description from the map properties. In your case you will see a map called MapTemplate in the Catalog window. (Right click on MapTemplate and select Properties.) Here you will see a field called Description. If it is blank,fill a description here and run the GPTool again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GiuseppeGentili
New Contributor III

Hello, did you check if the exposure points of the OIC have the geometry ?
It seems the same trouble I got ... I have fixed it by setting manually their geometry.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

did you use the add geometry attribute tool? Which geometry is necessary for the coverage map to run?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got a direct answer from Randall at ESRI that resolved it: 

The GPTool Is looking for a description from the map properties. In your case you will see a map called MapTemplate in the Catalog window. (Right click on MapTemplate and select Properties.) Here you will see a field called Description. If it is blank,fill a description here and run the GPTool again.