Select to view content in your preferred language

Oriented Imagery Catalog: changing attribute table of exposure points no effect

01-26-2022 03:12 PM
PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

I am changing values such as CamHeading and ImgRot  in the OIC attribute table exposure points but it is having no affect to my Frustum or "current coverage", the red . 

From p10 of the doco:

PeterMacKenzie2_0-1643238378995.png

PeterMacKenzie2_1-1643238415300.png

This is what I am trying to achieve. Apply an offset because my 360 spherical camera was mounted perpendicular to direction of travel. 

PeterMacKenzie2_2-1643238487581.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RandallRebello

Hi Peter, 

The ImgRot value has nothing to do with creation of the coverage polygon. It determines the angle you wish to rotate the image by in the viewer. The only angle values supported are 0, 90, 180 and 360.

The CamHeading is the one that determines the direction of the camera.  Looking at the screenshot you have here the camHeading is  approx 280 degrees, which is west, north west direction. But looking at the way your points are arranged and which direction the track is heading the  camHeading should be approx  20 and 30 (if heading north) or 200 to 230 (if heading south.) 

There is a GPTool to called Calculate Heading in the OIC toolbox. This should work well for your kind of data, assuming you have a field you can use to sort out the data in the order that images were taken. The default values should work as well in your case but you can play around with that depending on the result you get.  I would suggest keeping a backup copy of your Exposure points table (create a copy). 

Do you have the latest version of the OIC Addin? It should be version 2.9 and the Release date is 28th Dec 2021.  There was a bug in the previous version where any changes made to the OIC was not reflected.  I believe that bug is now fixed. 

Randall

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2

Thanks for the reply. Screenshot below I have the same images with a CamHeading of about 9.
It's the same issue. Yes, using the 2.9 Addin.
BTW I am assuming you can just modify the exposure point in attribute table and refresh to see the change rather than recreate a new OIC each time to make a change?

PeterMacKenzie2_1-1643310805776.png

PeterMacKenzie2_2-1643310867189.png

0 Kudos