Oriented Imagery Viewer spherical image load error

01-26-2022 02:51 PM
PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

I had an OIC that was displaying spherical imagery (OIType=B) but now it looks wrong. Top half of the image is a black band with that 'fisheye' look. 
Wrong in both EB App and using Pro OI Addin. 
The odd thing: these were previously OK.
Help?!

PeterMacKenzie2_0-1643236437152.png

PeterMacKenzie2_1-1643236691569.png

PeterMacKenzie2_2-1643237309842.png

Pro: 2.8.3. 
OrientedImagery tools CurrentVersion: 2.9
AddIn Version for Pro 2.9

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello Peter,

WIth regards to the Camera type, did you select Terrestrial 360 Camera. The images seem to indicate that it has not occurred as they have been flattened out.

GordonSumerling_0-1643238899697.png

Cheers

Gordon

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2

Thanks @GordonSumerling . Yes they have an OIType=B and I rechecked the Imagery Type = Terrestrial 360 Camera

arcpy.ManageOrientedImagery.AddImagesToOrientedImagery("OIC21", "Folder", None, r"D:\SANDBOX\OIC\Images", ".jpg", '', '', None, "Terrestrial 360 Camera", "Bubble", "0", "90", "0", "360", "180", "2.5", "0", "30", "50", "0")

0 Kudos
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

@PeterMacKenzie2 I notice you are using pythin here. Perhaps try using the forms interface and instead of selecting folder try a couple of sinfle images. I have also done rail work like this with the 360 camera so perhaps we can chat further via email

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2

Yes I am using the forms. I just put the python snippet in as a succinct way to capture all the parameters I used for the upload. Would really appreciate some assistance, will email, thanks. 

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

HI Peter, 

Check you VFOV value in the exposure table attribute table. The value might be showing as 90. (This happens if you have the image projection type defined as equirectangular in the image metadata. Its a bug and will be fixed.) It should actually be 180. Also use the Properties GPTool in the OIC Toolbox to check the default properties. VFOV should also be 180 there.  However this VFOV value is only used incase a value for a particular record is not defined. You can also delete the VFOV field in the attribute table if all your records have the same VFOV value. (This is just a way to reduce the database size if you have a large number of records.)   But then make sure there is a value defined in the default properties. 

For the issue you are facing it looks like you have a 90 degrees defined as VFOV. If that is not the case send me a single image and I can try to figure out whats going on. 

Randall

0 Kudos