Select to view content in your preferred language

Do the images for an OIC need to come from Amazon S3 or Google Cloud?

04-17-2022 10:47 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to add 360 images to my map using Oriented imagery catalogues and was wondering if it was possible to use images hosted in ArcGIS online contents directly instead of needing to be hosted on a third party service such as Amazon S3 or Google Cloud.  I noticed that there is an option in the OIC tools for adding a feature layer with an attachment, but I keep getting Gdal errors when I try to run it. 

Would anyone be able to help me figure out the best way to add 360 images to an Oriented imagery catalogue? 

I have also tried adding images in a local folder and while they were succesfully loaded, the OIC viewer wasn't able to generate the image within ArcGIS Pro.

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.9

Thank you!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RandallRebello
Frequent Contributor

Hi Michael, 

I had a word with one of our developers and he was able to reproduce the error. 

The issue seems to be with your display driver. Can you load the same link I sent you yesterday and check what msg you get on the WebGL 2 tab.  It may look like this.. 

RandallRebello_0-1651068680713.png

If it shows in Red like it is above then you need to  check your  Display adapter. You can do this by  typing Device Manager, and expand the Display Adapters.  You will need to have a display adapter that support webGL 2.0. 

Thanks,

Randall

0 Kudos