Select to view content in your preferred language

Do the images for an OIC need to come from Amazon S3 or Google Cloud?

04-17-2022 10:47 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to add 360 images to my map using Oriented imagery catalogues and was wondering if it was possible to use images hosted in ArcGIS online contents directly instead of needing to be hosted on a third party service such as Amazon S3 or Google Cloud.  I noticed that there is an option in the OIC tools for adding a feature layer with an attachment, but I keep getting Gdal errors when I try to run it. 

Would anyone be able to help me figure out the best way to add 360 images to an Oriented imagery catalogue? 

I have also tried adding images in a local folder and while they were succesfully loaded, the OIC viewer wasn't able to generate the image within ArcGIS Pro.

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.9

Thank you!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Recent blog

What’s new in Oriented Imagery 2.6? (esri.com)

Prior to the 2.6 release, you had to upload the images to cloud storage before you could visualize images in the Oriented Imagery viewer. In the Oriented Imagery Pro Add-In 2.6, you can now view the images on your local disk in the viewer without uploading them to cloud.  (To visualize and exploit imagery on the web, you’ll still need to upload the images to cloud).

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dan, 

I appreciate the response!  I managed to add images from my local disc into ArcGIS Pro and have it place the exposure points in the correct location, however when I try to use the oriented imagery brewer I keep getting a message about a problem with my WebGL therefore it can't be displayed. Do you know how to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oriented Imagery Add-In for ArcGIS Pro - Overview

Don't know, the latest add-in is recent

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! I think this the version I have currently. It says it was updated last month.

When I uploaded my image it was able to read the coordinate data, but in the OIC viewer I get the message attached. Is there a way to update the webGL in ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
RandallRebello
Frequent Contributor

Hi Micheal, 

I was trying to recreate the WebGL error you were talking about and had no such luck. 

Could you provide some more details about your setup. 

1. What version of ArcGIS Pro do you have. I know you mentioned 2.9. Is 2.9.0 or does it have the latest patch installed? 

2. >>When I uploaded my image it was able to read the coordinate data, but in the OIC viewer I get the message attached. Is there a way to update the webGL in ArcGIS Pro?

have you updated this to the cloud or as attachments? 

Would it be possible to send me a link to one of your data files.. or if you can send me your OIC with one sample image. I can test it out on my end here. 

Thanks,

Randall.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Randall,

Thank you for your message.

1. I am using the newest patch ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2

2. I have not uploaded my images to the cloud or published the OIC. What I meant is that the Oriented Imagery viewer for locallly saved files are not working. If I click on the exposure point it displays a link to where the image file is stored, but if I try to use the imagery viewer it either doesn't load or I get the WebGL error.

0 Kudos
RandallRebello
Frequent Contributor

Hi Michael, 

Can you please open this link.  

You should see a report like this.. 

RandallRebello_0-1650964011604.png

Open this link in your chrome browser or any other browser.  if you can send me the report. I suspect that webGL may not be supported on your machine. 

Thanks 

Randall 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Randall,

Thanks for your email.

I checked with both Chrome and Edge and it says WebGL is compatible with both.

It seems the issue is with the oriented imagary browser within ArcGIS Pro itself.  I'm not sure if ArcGIS Pro has its own internal browswer or if it uses another browser installed on my machine though. 

0 Kudos
RandallRebello
Frequent Contributor

HI Michael, 

Can you send me a sample of your data.  Just one file. Also if possible send me the OIC and the related exposure points table. You can send me a DM on here. 

Thanks, 

Randall 

0 Kudos