Measure Tool Disappear

Jump to solution
09-16-2014 02:16 PM
JuanYao
New Contributor

Hi,

The measure tool disappeared in my ArcMap. Also, the zoom in and zoom out bar is grayed out in the Data view, but will show in Layout View. My tool panes look like below in the Data View. I appreciate if  anyone could help me. Thanks!finding measure tool.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

The zoom in/out tools are greyed out because those are the layout zoom in/out tools, on the Layout Toolbar. They only work in layout view.

Somehow, your Tools Toolbar has been removed (it has the normal zoom in/out tools, as well as the measure tool). To add it again, right click an empty spot in the toolbar area and choose "Tools".

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

The zoom in/out tools are greyed out because those are the layout zoom in/out tools, on the Layout Toolbar. They only work in layout view.

Somehow, your Tools Toolbar has been removed (it has the normal zoom in/out tools, as well as the measure tool). To add it again, right click an empty spot in the toolbar area and choose "Tools".

JuanYao
New Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I found these tools back. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
TownofLincoln
New Contributor

Hi Everyone

The Town of Lincoln is very new to ArcGIS online 

We are wondering is there a setting that allows you to see all your measure? we click new measurement and the last measurement disappears.

this is very frustrating when want to see lenght and width at the sametime 

is there a solution for this?

thanks

Sean

0 Kudos