Select to view content in your preferred language

Crashing in 9.3 and 9.3.1 when adding temporal polyline

08-25-2011 10:17 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: geocrash

Hi, I'm on a gov network so C&A prohibits me from using ArcGIS 10 - so please, do not suggest that as a fix!

I'm using 9.3, but have access to 9.3.1 - the problem exists on both versions.

I've got a tracking analyst project with around 3 temporal point feature classes, 1 point feature class joined to a table, and when I add a temporal polyline, it adds ok at first - but whenever I try to change any symbology on the polyline, the program crashes to desktop.  I have replicated it on multiple computers and even an entirely different domain with different group policy.  I have made sure that all layers have identical spatial references but no dice.  Also, I saved a .mxd when I added the polyline just so that I wouldn't have to do all the other symbology over again... no good.  Simply opening the .mxd causes the program to crash also.

Anyone ever run into anything like this?  If I leave the default symbology on the polyline, it seems to work so-so and I can use the time slider to progress through the tracks.  The problem is that usually the default color is something subdued and I need something bright against a dark background.

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Eric
U.S. Army
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: geocrash

******bump
0 Kudos