Am new to GIS (how to start mapping project )

Jump to solution
08-07-2015 08:26 AM
baajiputhiran
New Contributor II

Hai,am professional student at Computer science & engineering,i need more help from GIS community peoples .please help me because am new to GIS .i love very much Map & GIS.know one people know about GIS.i interested to create in Mapping but i don't know , how to start my GIS Based mapping project anybody explain step by step process

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Baaji,

You can get free 60-day trial software at Free Trials. For some free tutorials, go to Learn ArcGIS. I recommend that you try Get Started with ArcMap or Get Started with ArcGIS Pro for some introduction to mapping projects using desktop software. There are other interesting tutorials on this site, too.

Tim

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Start with the help pages, then return with specific questions.

A quick tour of ArcMap—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I addition to Darren's link....

Are you interested in getting into the ArcGIS Desktop software (you maybe able to get the software through your university, or look into getting the software ArcGIS for Home Use Program | ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced for Personal Use )  or on ArcGIS Online http://www.arcgis.com/features/    ??

You may be able to find free (or inexpensive) webinars and tutorials Esri Training   and   http://video.esri.com/search/getting-started ​     There are many resources on the web that can help you learn on your own.

TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Baaji,

You can get free 60-day trial software at Free Trials. For some free tutorials, go to Learn ArcGIS. I recommend that you try Get Started with ArcMap or Get Started with ArcGIS Pro for some introduction to mapping projects using desktop software. There are other interesting tutorials on this site, too.

Tim

baajiputhiran
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response

0 Kudos