Select to view content in your preferred language

Working with line styles

01-09-2024 03:12 AM
IvonaJovanovic
New Contributor

I am trying to recognize line styles from data input and show them properly on the map. What would be the best approach to achieve this?

I've noticed that we can't rely on line style names because some of the data inputs have customized line styles. I've tried relying on dash length line style values but line styles with the same name have different dash lengths.

In the attachments below we can see different line styles in two files which are expected to be the same. The behavior is tested on different tools which proves that these two styles should be equal.

Thank you!

7817e44c-319d-4f28-a303-c1eeb42349ad.png

Linestyle 1.PNG

0 Kudos
12 Replies
PreetiMaske
Esri Regular Contributor

I am not following what you mean by :

>When I inspect raw values from code I see 0.1471 and 0.0735. The raw values I am seeing are in meters

Are you saying when you inspect the access the symbol from layer renderer , get the symbollayer and fetch the GeometericEffect and the dash template values you are seeing these values?

0 Kudos
IvonaJovanovic
New Contributor

No, by raw values I mean raw dash length from the .dgn file before rendering. I am using the ODA library to read the .dgn file. The function I am using to inspect raw dash length is OdDbEntity.dashLengthAt(index).

0 Kudos
JeffreyReinhart
New Contributor

Hello,

I think the issue you are encountering is the difference between a custom lifestyle vs a build-in lifestyle for Microstation. At this point in ArcGIS we do not support custom lifestyles for Microstation DGN files. This is the reason you see if one way in ODA viewer vs ArcGIS. We will look at adding an issue around this to our backlog and see if we can help with this.

Thanks,
Jeff

0 Kudos