Select to view content in your preferred language

Why does Job.Progress go from 20 to 100 in an instant?

Jump to solution
02-14-2023 06:09 AM
ViktorSafar
Frequent Contributor

I have a GenerateGeodatabaseJob to sync my local geodb with a feature service. It works fine apart from an issue with regards to progress which is reported via ProgressChanged event.

I've done this ~100 times by now and in all instances the progress took 60-90 seconds to move from 0 to ~20%, and then an instant to move to 100%. The actual data delta (between the offline and online dbs) is very small in my case so if the job is somehow estimating time to send data back and forth, that could explain it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

That value comes from the server, so is just based on how the server team came up with estimating progress about a job that they don't know the length of.  Someone probably said, 20% seems like a good amount for the initial startup time and that's what it became

Thanks,
-Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

That value comes from the server, so is just based on how the server team came up with estimating progress about a job that they don't know the length of.  Someone probably said, 20% seems like a good amount for the initial startup time and that's what it became

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
ViktorSafar
Frequent Contributor

I spoke to someone at a Dev summit, and they looked it up. It is indeed hardcoded on the backend without any ties to real progress.

0 Kudos