Select to view content in your preferred language

while updating arcgis.runtime from 100.8 to 100.13 facing a badformatexception in uwp for xamarin.forms

02-07-2022 05:54 AM
shankarkrishna
Emerging Contributor

i have updated Esri.ArcGISRuntime from 100.8.0.0 to 100.13.0.0 and its dependency xamarinforms updated to 5.0.0.2337 the why this exception while running the app. how to solve this error

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Toolkit.Xamarin.Forms, Version=100.13.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Reference assemblies should not be loaded for execution. They can only be loaded in the Reflection-only loader context. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131058) ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Cannot load a reference assembly for execution. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MyApp.UWP.App.OnLaunched(LaunchActivatedEventAr

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NathanCastle1
Esri Contributor

I'm sorry to see that you're having trouble updating to the latest version of ArcGIS Runtime.

Can you please confirm the versions of the NuGet packages you have installed for each project in your application? That will help me better understand the problem.

Consider checking the minimum and target version of UWP in the UWP project. The minimum supported UWP version has changed between 100.8 and 100.13, and that may be related to the problem. You can update the minimum UWP version to 18362 in the properties page for the UWP project.

0 Kudos
shankarkrishna
Emerging Contributor

for others platforms it  remains the same but  i have uninstalled  Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.Forms and installed Esri.ArcGISRuntime for uwp only and it resolves  

0 Kudos