Select to view content in your preferred language

View a model has a part that lay under surface?

06-17-2024 10:03 PM
Labels (3)
PhamNghia
New Contributor

Hi, I'm new Argis Map. I want to ask that Is there any API or method to display the part that lay under surface of this model? 
I'm trying to view a hole in Argis Map. Please let me know if you need more information to provide support.

Description.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

By default, a scene's terrain is fully opaque and the camera cannot go underground. To see underground features such as pipes in a utility network, you can lower the opacity of the terrain surface and set the navigation constraint on the surface to allow underground navigation.

This sample loads a scene with underground features. Pan and zoom to explore the scene. Observe how the opacity of the base surface is reduced and the navigation constraint is removed, allowing you to pan and zoom through the base surface.

View content beneath terrain surface | ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET | ArcGIS Developers

Does that provide the experience you want to create?

Thanks 

PhamNghia
New Contributor

Hi Michael, thanks for your reply but it might not be the case. I want to observe the hole of the model that lay underground without changing the opacity of the surface.

But I am considering the extruding terrain method and then reduce the elevation of the region around the hole. I wonder if arcGIS support real-time terrain rendering and modifying? 

0 Kudos