Problem with ServiceFeatureTable

Jump to solution
09-30-2022 03:21 AM
MarcHillman
New Contributor III

I've accessed a few services with a ServiceFeatureTable, but I've come across one that just doesn't behave. When executing the following VB fragment, the Await just hangs. No CPU activity and app is unresponsive. Am I accessing it correctly?

Dim sft_SA4 As New ServiceFeatureTable(New Uri("https://geo.abs.gov.au/arcgis/rest/services/ASGS2021/SA4/MapServer/0"))
Await sft_SA4.LoadAsync

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcHillman
New Contributor III

It's fixed, and it was a bit of a bizarre cause.

I noticed that every time I launched Visual Studio, it decided to restore NuGet packages. This caused an unnecessary 30 sec delay each time.

So I cleared the NuGet cache. When I started VS, it then complained that two packages were missing - system.runtime.compilerservices.unsafe and system.text.encodings.web. No idea where they went, but I reinstalled them, and all is now good.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you share more details about:

0 Kudos
MarcHillman
New Contributor III
  • .net 6.0
  • ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET   100.15.0
  • Same experience with FeatureServer endpoint, i.e. nothing
0 Kudos
MarcHillman
New Contributor III

It's fixed, and it was a bit of a bizarre cause.

I noticed that every time I launched Visual Studio, it decided to restore NuGet packages. This caused an unnecessary 30 sec delay each time.

So I cleared the NuGet cache. When I started VS, it then complained that two packages were missing - system.runtime.compilerservices.unsafe and system.text.encodings.web. No idea where they went, but I reinstalled them, and all is now good.

0 Kudos