Select to view content in your preferred language

Pie Chart Renderer, Proportional Symbol Renderer alternatives in Maps SDK for .NET

Jump to solution
08-12-2024 02:45 AM
Muhammadkhalid
Emerging Contributor

I am currently working with the ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET (version 200.5) and have some specific questions regarding the availability of certain renderers that were previously available in ArcObjects for desktop.

In particular, I would like to inquire about the following:

1. Pie Chart Renderer: This renderer was previously available in ArcObjects , allowing for the visualization of attribute data as pie charts directly on the map. This functionality is available in the ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET? 

2. Proportional Symbol Renderer: This renderer was previously available in ArcObjects. Is there an equivalent or alternative in the ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET that offers similar functionality? 

I have tried to find in API reference of Maps SDK for .NET but unable to find anything. Maps SDK for .NET only has following renderers

• Simple Renderer
  • Unique Value Renderer
  • Class breaks Renderer
  • Dictionary Renderer

As far as proportional Symbol Renderer functionality concerns I think I can use Class break Renderer as alternative in Maps SDK for .NET but don't know about its limitations

Can some confirm that both of the mentioned renderers are not available in Maps SDK for .NET

Also about the alternatives I have?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PreetiMaske
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you are right. These renderers are not available in ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET (and other NativeSDKs). You can use ClassBreaks to mimic a Proportional Symbol Renderer but there is no alternative for Pie Chart Renderer.

We have this enhancement in our backlog but has been prioritized. I am very much interested in your workflow and usecase for using these renderers.

Thanks,

Preeti

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PreetiMaske
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you are right. These renderers are not available in ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET (and other NativeSDKs). You can use ClassBreaks to mimic a Proportional Symbol Renderer but there is no alternative for Pie Chart Renderer.

We have this enhancement in our backlog but has been prioritized. I am very much interested in your workflow and usecase for using these renderers.

Thanks,

Preeti

0 Kudos