Multiple Users for same Host

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
TimScheiber
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm using Esri ArcGIS Runtime Version 100.15 (WPF) and I'm trying to integrate multiple WFS-"Maps" hosted on the same Server but with different Credentials. 

The URL to the Services look like this: "{sameHost}/wfs?map={differentMap}"

Each Map on this host requires different credentials.

I was wondering if ArcGIS AuthenticationManager always only relies on the Host-Name/Query or if I can reliably create different credentials per CredentialRequestInfo.ServiceUri (using AuthenticationManager.ChallangeHandler)?

Or is there a more elegant way to create multiple Credentials for the same Host?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimScheiber
New Contributor II

Hi, the reason we want different credentials for the same host is that our GIS provider hosts multiple maps for different Customers on the same URL and only differentiates the maps by the "...?map={xyz}" parameter. 

Because a customer shouldn't be able to access a map of a different customer, each map requires different credentials. 

I'm trying to integrate maps from different customers, requiring different credentials for each.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Different credentials for the same host at the same time is not something that the maps sdk supports.

I'd be curious about the use-case for this, as we don't expect a user to be multiple different users at the same time.

0 Kudos
TimScheiber
New Contributor II

Hi, the reason we want different credentials for the same host is that our GIS provider hosts multiple maps for different Customers on the same URL and only differentiates the maps by the "...?map={xyz}" parameter. 

Because a customer shouldn't be able to access a map of a different customer, each map requires different credentials. 

I'm trying to integrate maps from different customers, requiring different credentials for each.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

I get why different maps are secured for different users. That makes total sense. Where I'm a bit confused is a scenario where a user wants to be signed in as multiple different users at the same time, and would just love to understand that a little better, in case there's something we're missing wrt supporting that

0 Kudos