Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Load Exception - Chain Validation failed

03-14-2022 10:26 AM
TomKlempay
New Contributor

I have a Xamarin Android native app that for the past few weeks, generates an exception when I make the call to Map.LoadAsync.  The exception is "Chain Validation failed."  I've attached a few screen shots of the exception details.

Before this, my call to load the map was working fine.  I've never seen this before and I don't see any mention of it in the Esri Community.  I am using the most current version of the Esri.ArcGISRuntime packages, 100.13.0. 

Appreciate all comments and feedback.  Thanks!

-Tom Klempay (Senior Software Engineer, AnglerLabs)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

That error appears to indicate a TSL/SSL error which could represent a certificate issue, a client-side issue with the http configuration of your app, or even a date/time issue (based on Stack Overflow questions and Gitbub.com/Xamarin issues). 

0 Kudos
TomKlempay
New Contributor

It ended up being what I would consider an account issue, not an app issue, etc.  We've been transitioning from the Esri Startup program to the ArcGIS Developer program and the Startup account settings were changed a month ago.  Looking back, that's about the time that I started to see that Esri exception thrown on the Map.LoadAsync call.

Yesterday, I created a new Esri API Key as a test.  Wouldn't you know it, the "Chain Link failed" exception went away and my call to Map.LoadAsync is now working again.

0 Kudos