Invalid Response : This service does not support map capability

Jump to solution
03-03-2021 06:31 AM
YashvitNaik
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using the Xamarin Android Runtime Package 100.7, While trying to load a feature service using the following code below, I get the exception saying "Invalid Response : This service does not support map capability"

ArcGISMapImageLayer imageLayer = new ArcGISMapImageLayer(serviceUri);
imageLayer.LoadAsync(); 

Have use the same bit of code to load service urls, for quite a while now. But right now only "mapserver" urls are getting loaded, the feature service(s) dont work (these are public).  
However if I downgrade to the older Esri version say 100.5, Both mapserver and featureserver urls load just fine.

Has anything changed in the way we load a feature server ?? Because I can confirm this is also happening on the iOS Xamarin Runtime package as well. 
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

For ArcGISMapImageLayer, only Mapservice endpoints will work (ie /Mapserver/ in the URL). FeatureServer services would/should never have worked. You'd need to use a FeatureLayer and add the sublayer for that url to work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamaChintapalli
Esri Contributor

Hi,

The .NET Xamarin questions can be posted here in the .NET board 

As far as loading FeatureService's layers in Runtime, we need to use ServiceFeatureTable. ArcGISMapImageLayer can only be used for MapServices.

Android Example:

FeatureLayer featureLayer = new FeatureLayer(new ServiceFeatureTable("http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Sync/WildfireSync/FeatureServer/0");

Thanks
Rama

dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

For ArcGISMapImageLayer, only Mapservice endpoints will work (ie /Mapserver/ in the URL). FeatureServer services would/should never have worked. You'd need to use a FeatureLayer and add the sublayer for that url to work.

0 Kudos
YashvitNaik
New Contributor III

Thanks @dotMorten_esri , we had been using ArcGISMapImageLayer to load feature layers for a long time now, since the start of the 100.0 version, its weird how it was working in the first place. 

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

we had been using ArcGISMapImageLayer to load feature layers

This statement confuses me. Are you loading an image layer or a feature layer?
Could you share a bit more of code, and the actual URL you use to help clarify? (you can obfuscate the domain if necessary)

0 Kudos