Select to view content in your preferred language

DirectX WPF Map Component Fail error

07-29-2024 12:59 PM
Millie
by
New Contributor

I'm developing a .NET WPF app with the Esri ArcGIS Map component. We are up to date (200.4.0), but my client (who is on Windows 10) is encountering this error:

Pulse Failed; unknown error; DirectX failure CreateQuery Code 0x887a0005

The error isn't consistent; it has occurred only 2-3 times during testing.

Nobody else is able to reproduce the problem. I've tried on a low-memory (1GB) Windows 10 machine, performing the most memory-intensive operations required, but I don't encounter the client's error.

Here is some information about the application:

We are using a GPS to track the user, and we use a FeatureLayer connected to a Geodatabase to trace all the GeoSegments we receive. Each time the GPS moves, the database is updated with a new record, which is displayed on the map. The table in the database contains only a UserIdentifier and a GeoSegment. Since we don't want to show all segments, we use a DefinitionExpression on the FeatureLayer: "Where UserIdentifier = Id".

The Geodatabase is local on the computer. The app doesn't throw an exception; it's only the WPF component that breaks and shows the error.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

(P.S.: I'm not a native English speaker; I hope my description was clear.)

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Typically errors like this is due to a graphics driver problem. I'd suggest making sure the graphics driver is fully up-to-date and then see if it still reproduces.

0 Kudos