Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Indoors - Can FloorManager use a traditional Map Service or Feature Layer?

Friday
DavidSchuster
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

Is there a way to use the ArcGIS Indoors FloorManager class with traditional Map Services (i.e. not AGO/Portal web maps) in a WPF application that uses the .NET Maps SDK version 200.5?

We are in the process of getting ArcGIS Indoors up and running in our organization and in-house applications.  We have successfully converted our floor plans and features into the Indoors data model.  I was able to build a simple prototype floor picker control that uses the FloorManager class to change the visibility of the floor levels, but I could only get this to work using ArcGIS Online / Portal web map.  However, I'm not having much luck getting this working with traditional Map Services (non-Portal items).  The FloorManager object on the Map object is always null and I'm not sure how to initialize it.  Would it help to add the floor-aware layers as operational layers to the map using FeatureLayers or FeatureCollectionLayers?

Thank you!

David

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you assigning a floor definition to the Map.FloorDefinition and/or FeatureLayer.FloorDefinition properties?

A webmap is still just "traditional map services", describing which layers to use and configuration of them, including the floor definition. You should still be able to set all of this up programmatically instead, which I should make the FloorManager initialize when the Map loads.

0 Kudos
DavidSchuster
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Morten, I totally missed the FloorDefinition properties.  I try that out!

0 Kudos