Select to view content in your preferred language

US state maps

01-07-2024 09:59 PM
MrLeeMapMaker
New Contributor

Hi!

I would love to be able to have my fifth-grade students select a blank state map in MapMaker and fill it in with major cities, landmarks, geographical features, etc. I am new to using this program, but these types of maps do not seem to currently be available, nor does there seem to be a way to import them into the platform. It would be fantastic if that were possible to do, as one of California's HSS standards is to know all 50 states and their capitals. If this is a feature currently available and I am missing it, I would appreciate someone giving me some tips on how to do this.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarahAppleton
Esri Contributor

Hello!

Thank you so much for reaching out. We do have a blank basemap available presently titled Outline Map. You can find it by clicking the Basemap button on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen (Explore basemaps tutorial). You can then have students use the Sketch tool to annotate the map with major cities, landmarks, and geographic features for your desirable region (Sketch on a map tutorial). Does this fit the activity you were hoping to do or were you looking for layers to add for each of these categories? If this is the case, could you describe some of the types of landmarks you are looking for? We currently have layers for the National Register of Historic Places and World Heritage Sites, but I know those only include a certain subset of what you may need for your class.

Best,

Sarah Appleton