Select to view content in your preferred language

Ungroup Tool for Model Builder

04-27-2016 01:45 PM
warrenroberts
Frequent Contributor

The KML import works great to generate shapefile from kml .. however if you are running a model, the output of the kml to layer tool groups the output .. this is an issue then if you want to (in the model) query the polygon features to export a selection.  I need to run it in model as later the student will generate a service from the model.  ANy ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Warren, is it because you don't want the geodatabase format with the layer file as it seems to do KML To Layer—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

I assume you are not talking about splitting up the components of what is the kml

warrenroberts
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dan .. thank you! .. the output of the KML doesnt permit option to give shapefile output. In video you can then see I dont have option to make a new feature (selection) ErrorModel - YouTube

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Warren, I notice that none of your model elements is defined as a Parameter (has a P beside/above the bubbles).  That may be why you can't connect the elements.  I always make sure that input parameters and output parameters have that P by the oval, especially when the output from one process needs to be the input to another ... this is the area generally in the help files

Creating model parameters—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you create geodatabase output and then copy features out to shapefile?

If you want it to be written to a scratch folder, you can provide the environment %scratchFolder% as the folder parameter to the tool.

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Honored Contributor

I think you need to use Iterate Feature Selection tool inside your model. then choose the field that has classes of layer in Group By Fields, I think the field name is "FolderPath" .

0 Kudos