Select to view content in your preferred language

ModelBuilder process for updating feature class

06-27-2013 11:58 AM
KyleShepard1
New Contributor
Hello!

I will try to explain this as clearly as I can. I am at a loss on where to research as the situation needs a bit of context that can't be explained to google (as far as I've tried).

We have a master parcel feature class on our geoDB that we use for map requests. This master parcel is normally manually updated by combing a parcel geometry feature class and a table that contains additional parcel information that is provided by the county assessors office and stored on a different geoDB.

I am trying to automate this using ModelBuilder so that all we need to do is run the tool for the update to happen.

So basically, two processes need to happen separately and then merge together at the end. I will also explain what I'm trying to use currently:

1) Parcel table is joined with parcel geometry feature class based on a key field called GISLINK. (using ADD JOIN)

2) All information within the master parcel feature class is deleted with only column information remaining. (using DELETE ROWS)

3) The combined feature class from step 1 is appended with the empty master parcel feature class (using APPEND)

The final result should be "saved" in the master parcel location.

Right now when I try to append the final results together, no new data shows in the master parcel feature class. Any ideas/questions that could help me work this out?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies