Select to view content in your preferred language

Model tool to Script not running

02-09-2020 09:49 AM
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

I built a model tool which is running perfectly. Because I need to add some more functionalities like filtering, which I can only do with the script, I export the model to script and set the filter which is working fine also. However, when I run the script, it failed and send me a message which i will attach. I guess maybe it is from my tools which is make query table or the SQL statements in the tool which consist inline substitution or something else might be wrong. I will post the script error message, the script and the model. Please kindly help ASAP.

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
# single.py
# Created on: 2020-02-08 22:31:43.00000
# (generated by ArcGIS/ModelBuilder)
# Usage: single <Sitename> <Category> <Specie> <Start_Month> <End_Month> <Start_Year> <End_Year> <QueryTable> <QueryTable_Statistics>
# Description:
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Import arcpy module
import arcpy
arcpy.env.workspace = "C:\waterfowl\waterfowl\waterfowl.gdb"
arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True

# Script arguments
Sitename = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(0)
if Sitename == '#' or not Sitename:
Sitename = "Abgrabung Malsch/Durmersheim" # provide a default value if unspecified

Category = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(1)
if Category == '#' or not Category:
Category = "Taucher" # provide a default value if unspecified

Specie = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(2)
if Specie == '#' or not Specie:
Specie = "Haubentaucher" # provide a default value if unspecified

Start_Month = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(3)
if Start_Month == '#' or not Start_Month:
Start_Month = "1" # provide a default value if unspecified

End_Month = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(4)
if End_Month == '#' or not End_Month:
End_Month = "3" # provide a default value if unspecified

Start_Year = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(5)
if Start_Year == '#' or not Start_Year:
Start_Year = "1966" # provide a default value if unspecified

End_Year = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(6)
if End_Year == '#' or not End_Year:
End_Year = "2007" # provide a default value if unspecified

QueryTable = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(7)
if QueryTable == '#' or not QueryTable:
QueryTable = "QueryTable" # provide a default value if unspecified

QueryTable_Statistics = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(8)
if QueryTable_Statistics == '#' or not QueryTable_Statistics:
QueryTable_Statistics = "C:\\waterfowl\\Scratch\\scratch.gdb\\QueryTable_Statistics1" # provide a default value if unspecified

# Local variables:
locationbirdinfo = "locationbirdinfo"
False = "true"
False__2_ = "true"

# Process: Make Query Table
arcpy.MakeQueryTable_management

("locationbirdinfo", QueryTable, "USE_KEY_FIELDS", "", "", "locationbirdinfo.locationinfo_wvz_zaehlgebiete_oag_karlsruhe_Sitename = '%Sitename%' And locationbirdinfo.birdinformation_KAT_Bezeichnung = '%Category%' And locationbirdinfo.birdinformation_ART_Bezeichnung = '%Specie%' And locationbirdinfo.birdinformation_Month_ >= %Start Month% And locationbirdinfo.birdinformation_Month_ <= %End Month% And locationbirdinfo.birdinformation_DAT_Datum >= %Start Year% And locationbirdinfo.birdinformation_DAT_Datum <= %End Year%")

# Process: Summary Statistics
arcpy.Statistics_analysis(QueryTable, QueryTable_Statistics, "locationinfo_wvz_zaehlgebiete_oag_karlsruhe_Sitename MAX;birdinformation_KAT_Bezeichnung MAX;birdinformation_ART_Bezeichnung MAX;birdinformation_Month_ MIN;birdinformation_Month_ MAX;birdinformation_DAT_Datum MIN;birdinformation_DAT_Datum MAX;birdinformation_DAT_Anzahl SUM", "")

0 Kudos
43 Replies
AyokunleAdebisi1
New Contributor III

Results was not created...I can't find the output in the folder but was created in my result pane as successful...but could not add to display on the TOC.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

is it in the geodatabase then?

0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi1
New Contributor III

No. Not in the geodatabase also

0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi1
New Contributor III

I upgraded to 2.5 now, I think like you mentioned earlier..The problem is the join table and the underscore but which I will work and try to do without the underscore.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If your model is running perfectly, why not call it from a python script that has the parameter validation (I assume that is what you mean by "filtering") set up?

You can call a ModelBuilder tool from Python:

ImportToolbox—Help | Documentation 

ModelBuilder itself also has some built in parameter validation that handle certain simple cases, for example only allow a point feature input instead of all kinds of feature classes:

Feature class filter—Help | Documentation 

0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi1
New Contributor III

That will change the entire script right. Have you seen my script, if not should i post it for you to see.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My point is you can call a model tool from Python, so you don't need to export the model at all.

0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi1
New Contributor III

ok...I will do that. Thanks.

0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi1
New Contributor III

Hello , I have done alot of correction and am still faced with errors....am stressed on this for 2weeks on more...the new error is this: initially the python export was like this: it gave the error and changed some change some few things, and same error...is there something wrong somewhere on my system..please help.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

You have a double quote at the end of the selection on the first one and a = f"  for the second one

0 Kudos