Model Builder iterator for databases

10-06-2014 12:24 PM
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

I have a few databases inside a folder containing raster and vector files. I want a model which will iterate through all file GDBs and at the end using extract data tool (Server tools) extract the data as per extent of a feature class for all the raster and FC.

I tried using iterate workspace on folder. But it runs through GDBs and not through FCs and raster datasets it contains.

Any help is appreciated.

ArcGIS 10.2.2 Advanced

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RiyasDeen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Hemant,

You may want to use nested models.

1. Create a model which iterates through feature classes in a workspace and perform extract
  2. Another model which iterates through rasters in a workspace and perform extract.
  3. Another parent model which will iterate through workplaces in a folder, pass the output workspace as input for previous two models

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Riyas,

Thanks for reply. I tried what you suggested, model looks something like this;

Model_Riyas.JPG

Inside nested models FC and Rasters, there are iterators for Feature class and Rasters. And just for testing purpose I am adding copy tool. However, it is not working. Am I missing anything?

0 Kudos
RiyasDeen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Hemant,

Model looks good to me, If your feature classes are within a dataset then you will have to create another model with iterator for dataset and chain them together.

HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Riyas,

feature classes and raster are not under any dataset. What I used FC model for feature class and Raster model for raster separately giving test folder as a workspace which contains all my fGDBs. That worked. I don't see how I can automate the model so that in one model I could get both outputs. anyways I am good for now.

0 Kudos