Select to view content in your preferred language

How can I save my ModelBuilder in other computer ?

05-02-2017 11:57 AM
FlavioFelix
New Contributor III

I've been creating some tools in order to make my routine more easier. But when I send this tool to my collegues in the company it don't work as I had expected and they have to remake all the paths that I've donne before.

So, how could I save my rotines in others computers in a easiest way ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Model Properties, Check Store relative path names (instead of absolute paths) if you want all data in your model to be found relative to the toolbox location.

Setting general model properties—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Think Location
FlavioFelix
New Contributor III

Thanks Mr. Poddar,

But ain't no working

I think that the problem is in the ESRI standards paths. There are a user in the path "flaviogf" wich do not update when is opened for other user.

ex. the output D:\Usuários\flaviogf\Documents\ArcGIS\Default.gdb\PERIMETRO

I can't figure a way to fix it but changing each standard path.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is not a good practice to save the data in the User folder. Save the data in a simple path (e.g. D:\Project\GIS_Data\data.gdb\PERIMETRO), and save your model also in a sub-solder of the parent folder (e.g. D:\Project\Models\MyModel.tbx).

Copy the parent folder (e.g. D:\Project) with all the required sub-folders to the other clients.

Also keep Store Relative Path names checked in the model properties.

Think Location
FlavioFelix
New Contributor III

OK I'll try it.

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Regular Contributor II

Another reason ,Open  a model in other version of Arcmap ,will not worked , if your model has tools not exist in old version. or it is in other path.

For example, Project tool in projection and transformations toolset ,in Arcmap 10.1 exist in feature toolset inside the previous toolset. in arc map 10.2 and above is in inside projection and transformations toolset directly.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Or use model parameters to name your feature classes and other data; then the users are prompted to fill in the proper path.  I'd also store the models on a shared drive instead of individual computers.  Makes things a whole lot easier when you change the model a little bit....

That should just about do it....
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Write intermediate datasets to one of these locations using environment variables. These locations are guaranteed to exist and be writeable. (Make input and output datasets parameters as mentioned by others.)

• file datasets: %scratchFolder%\xxtemp.tif,  %scratchFolder%\xxtemp.shp
  • tables, feature classes: %scratchGDB%\xxtemp
  • Small intermediate datasets can be written to the in_memory geodatabase:  in_memory\xxtemp - for speed - but only do that if you are sure they will be fairly small.