Is there a way to generate reports from a feature class or feature service in ArcGIS Pro 2.2?*

Jump to solution
07-03-2018 10:34 AM
AlexGerrish1
New Contributor III

We have a lot of data from surveys and mobile apps using Survey123 and Collector for ArcGIS. These data are presently sitting in feature services both in our AGOL organization and Portal. We would like to create report templates and generate easy-to-read reports for managers. Are there tools available to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alex,

There is new functionality for reporting (using custom templates) that is being developed now inside of ArcGIS Pro and will be exposed as a reporting service as well as geoprocessing tools. It will ship with the next release of ArcGIS Pro (v2.3).

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alex,

There is new functionality for reporting (using custom templates) that is being developed now inside of ArcGIS Pro and will be exposed as a reporting service as well as geoprocessing tools. It will ship with the next release of ArcGIS Pro (v2.3).

Thanks,

Jeff

MarcCavallaro
New Contributor III

Was this actually implemented? I can't find any reference to this and it is very much needed.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Marc,

Reports were implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.  You can find more information on the documentation page: Reports in ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks,

Matt Ballard

MarcCavallaro
New Contributor III

Hi Matt,

Thanks, I actually did find that just now. I am specifically looking for references for what Jeff described as "will be exposed as a reporting service as well as geoprocessing tools."

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Marc,

You should see this functionality with the 2.4 release.  There will be a GP tool called "Export Report to PDF".

Jeff Shaner‌ might be able to elaborate further on how reporting services will be implemented.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Alex,

As Jeff mentioned, at 2.3 there is now the ability to create reports in ArcGIS Pro.

With Survey123 in ArcGIS Online, there are custom feature report templates.

And then you could always go the route of creating an Operations Dashboard to make easy to understand visualizations for managers.  This is a great approach because the data will always be up-to-date, whereas the other options are more static.

Thanks,

Matt

AlexGerrish1
New Contributor III

Hi Matt,

I've seen the functionality of the new reports in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and I really like the customization options and design interface.

Our users are still mostly generating formatted reports using ArcMap and Survey123.arcgis.com. We will be able to implement this Pro feature once the service supports embedding charts, maps, and photo attachments.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos
KatieHansen
New Contributor

Matt,

I have tried to create reports in a map series in Pro 2.3 but am stuck because the photos/attachments from the gdb (taken from a feature service) will not dynamically display in the layout. This works just fine in data driven pages in ArcMap.

I posted a question in geonoet about this in June but have not received a reply yet: https://community.esri.com/thread/234938-dynamic-pictures-in-pro 

From all the documentation it seems like this is a viable option in Pro but I cannot get it to work. Is this an option in 2.3?

Thanks,

Katie

0 Kudos
AlisonMynsberge
New Contributor III

I have just been exploring reports in ArcGIS Pro 2.6.3, and I can only get attachments to show from a hosted feature class as uselessly pixelated (nearly 1/4" pixels) no matter what DPI or compression settings I select.  Any suggestions?  It's a 2-page report (as there are only 2 features in the feature class; the 2nd feature has a single attachment).