Learn ArcGIS for Unemployed Youth program

Jump to solution
12-21-2020 01:12 AM
MashuduLuckyBaloyi
New Contributor

Hello everyone, I'm Lucky Baloyi a Graduate from South Africa with a strong background in geology and GIS( ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro). I have received training from Esri South Africa gained skills ranging from uses and application of GIS in geology and environmental services including data and information management with geodatabases, coordinate systems, conducting spatial analysis, editing features and attributes, data engineering and visualization, sharing and transferring data (e.g. ArcGIS to CAD or ArcGIS online), Using ArcGIS to explore 3D and 2D analysis. Reviewing analysis results and spatial workflows. Finding optimal location using suitability models, performing prediction analysis using random forest models, and using statistical clustering method to analyze patterns in space and time. Creating a space cube and using space-time pattern mining tools to explore spatiotemporal trends and determining where low and high clustering will occur. 

I am currently adding Software Development to my pool of skills. I am very honoured to have been introduced to this community by Esri South Africa. I am looking forward to gaining immeasurable and transferable skills and probably meet my potential employer.😊

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Welcome @MashuduLuckyBaloyi  To our Esri Community (GeoNet)! You can find a wealth of information, helpful resources and helpful members here.  Based on your introduction here are some places in the community you might find of interest.  Alternatively try searching form the All Communities in the top navigation menu to find another topic of interest. 

ArcGIS Pro - GeoNet, The Esri Community

Data Management - GeoNet, The Esri Community

ArcGIS Spatial Analyst - GeoNet, The Esri Community

Spatial Data Science - GeoNet, The Esri Community

Learn ArcGIS - GeoNet, The Esri Community

Cheers,

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs

View solution in original post

BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

Great to hear from you Lucky - my name is Brian and I work on our Education team at Esri. I know a number of the Esri South Africa team and they are great, so glad to hear how they have helped. Just let us know if there is anything else you are looking for!

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Welcome @MashuduLuckyBaloyi  To our Esri Community (GeoNet)! You can find a wealth of information, helpful resources and helpful members here.  Based on your introduction here are some places in the community you might find of interest.  Alternatively try searching form the All Communities in the top navigation menu to find another topic of interest. 

ArcGIS Pro - GeoNet, The Esri Community

Data Management - GeoNet, The Esri Community

ArcGIS Spatial Analyst - GeoNet, The Esri Community

Spatial Data Science - GeoNet, The Esri Community

Learn ArcGIS - GeoNet, The Esri Community

Cheers,

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

Great to hear from you Lucky - my name is Brian and I work on our Education team at Esri. I know a number of the Esri South Africa team and they are great, so glad to hear how they have helped. Just let us know if there is anything else you are looking for!

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
MashuduLuckyBaloyi
New Contributor

It is fantastic hearing from you Brain. It will be such a great privilege to have you in my network and to be introduced to some of Esri's South Africa team. Would  you be willing to introduce me ? 😊

0 Kudos
Verosha_Naidoo
New Contributor

Hello @MashuduLuckyBaloyi 

You are most welcome, it's only a pleasure! Let's chat on email verosha@esri-southafrica.com

Best Regards,
Verosha Naidoo