Introduction

06-22-2020 08:04 PM
abellagivola
New Contributor
  • I work for the National Hydrographic Service of the Government of Fiji as a Marine Cartographer and Bathymetric Data Analyst. Through the commencement of the year our organisation has endeavored to create National databases of Wrecks and Navigational Aids (lights, beacons etc) through the use of QGIS and Global Mapper. My major areas of interest are Marine mapping, Nautical Charting, Defense Mapping and Data Analysis tools.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GuyNoll
Esri Contributor

Hi Abel,

Welcome to the Esri Maritime community! It sounds like you are doing the necessary work of cataloging your features, and will soon be on the journey to share that data more broadly so that others can effectively see and use the your authoritative information. You may be interested in using The Living Atlas to share in ArcGIS On Line.I recommend you check Keith VanGraafeiland's Blog‌ and contact him, as he is the Ocean curator for The Living Atlas.

You can contact me directly at gnoll@esri.com

Guy

0 Kudos
GuyNoll
Esri Contributor

I forgot to mention the ArcGIS Maritime GeoNet page - this is where you'll find more information about Bathymetry, Charting, and other tools important to this community. I hope you can make time in your calendar to attend the EsriUC2020 this year!  Also, check out our Oceans resource Hub, again curated by Keith.

Cheers,
Guy

0 Kudos