Symbology Question

Jump to solution
03-14-2016 02:50 PM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

So when you create  an annotation layer that you can design and in it has an attribute field called "Status", which tells you to placed or unplaced the annotation to be display it or not to display it.

My question to you.  How do you turn off the symbology you set it up as a Layer whether they be a polygon, point, or polyline and you assign a new field column "Status" and add it Annotation Status as a Coded value domian.

I just did mine on my Campgound Labels point layer. When I select a point to tell that one to unplaced and it is still showing the icon ?

I do not want to delete the point, because I might need it later .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Salmon_ArmBC
New Contributor III

I think I understand what you're trying to say. Forgive me if I'm wrong!

Have you tried using a Definition Query on the Campground Labels point layer? Your query would be something like Status = Placed. That should hide the points as well as the annotation.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Salmon_ArmBC
New Contributor III

I think I understand what you're trying to say. Forgive me if I'm wrong!

Have you tried using a Definition Query on the Campground Labels point layer? Your query would be something like Status = Placed. That should hide the points as well as the annotation.

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I see. I will try and use that Definition Query you suggest that to me. I have several points that are group like Water, Trash, Restroom etc. I have about three different place for Water and two of them are ok but need the other Water that need to be turn off.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

That worked !

Salmon_ArmBC
New Contributor III

Great! Don't forget to mark the question as Answered!

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Since ESRI re-design it where do I mark answered ?

0 Kudos
Salmon_ArmBC
New Contributor III

Someone already marked it as correct.

0 Kudos