Select to view content in your preferred language

how to generate schematic diagram (XML builder) in ArcGIS server 10.0

12-10-2012 09:58 PM
AliDado
New Contributor
I have problem with GP tools to generate schematic diagram, I have build a code to create diagrams through XML Builder and it's working well in ArcMap. If there anyone can provide me with GP tools for XML Builder not for standard builder ???
Also if there any sample code to view/generate schematic diagram using flex API ???
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
Are you tied to 10.0 or can you move up to 10.1?  At 10.1, it is completely different because Schematics is now a real server object extension and has a REST interface for generation, update etc...
0 Kudos
AliDado
New Contributor
If I upgrade to 10.1 I still need to build a web service that build diagram XML . because as I told you I use the XML Builder and accessing extra tables not published in ArcGIS server.
The deference between 10.0 and 10.1 that I will add extra code to my web service to generate diagram, update, and converted it to features ???
Also can you please provide me with a sample code to edit/view schematic in Flex API
0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
Yes, you have to deal with whatever mechanism you decide to use in order to obtain the data you want to put on the diagram.  At 10.1, because schematics itself is a server object extension, you simple use REST and call generatediagram.  In that call you pass in your xml stream inside the json tag for "xmlSource".  Really fairly straight forward and simple.

We don't have any sample code for Flex.  There is sample code for both javascript and silverlight.  Those should give you the understanding of what you would need to do on the Flex side.
0 Kudos