Select to view content in your preferred language

Codes are returned in HTML Popups for field Subtype with Coded domain

Jump to solution
07-17-2014 10:45 AM
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to put a default domain values for a subtype field. Subtypes are applied to field genus and a particular coded value domain is applied to field species. Upon selecting species a particular domain will be selected by default where I can select species from list.

Problem is, in HTML Popup, value of domain codes are being displayed and not the description. Where as, using identify tool I could see description.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexanderNohe1
Regular Contributor II

So I went through and reproduced using a domain that is derived from a subtype.  Attached is an image that I recorded when I reproduced the issue.

repro.png

Hemant Angarkar‌ - I sent you a private message regarding the status of this.  Would you please message me back?

Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Regular Contributor II

1)  What version of ArcMap are you using? (10.1, 10.2, ...)

2)  What license level do you have for Arc Map? (Basic, Standard, Advanced)

3)  What service packs do you have installed?

4)  What operating system are you using?

I just tried doing this in version 10.2.1 and was not able to reproduce the results that you are seeing.

HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Hey Alexander,

1) ArcGIS 10.2.2

2) Advanced icencce

3) No service pack

4) OS: Windows 7 Professional SP1

So when you tried, you could see description of the domain and not the code in HTML popup?

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1
Regular Contributor II

Correct.  This was only using domains and not subtypes.  I am going to test using a domain generated by a subtype next.

0 Kudos
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Appreciated

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1
Regular Contributor II

So I went through and reproduced using a domain that is derived from a subtype.  Attached is an image that I recorded when I reproduced the issue.

repro.png

Hemant Angarkar‌ - I sent you a private message regarding the status of this.  Would you please message me back?

Thank you!

HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Yeah. Same thing is happening at my end.

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1
Regular Contributor II

Hi Hemant Angarkar‌,

Would you please send me a private message with some contact information so I can test this a little bit further?

Thanks!