ArcGIS Pro editing - Features not appearing

01-20-2020 07:14 AM
ChrisShaffer
New Contributor II

So, I'm working in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3 on Windows 10. I create a new geodatabase feature class, add it to the map, and begin editing. When I left-click to add a point feature, a record gets added to the attribute table, but the features doesn't appear on the map. It fails to appear when zooming or moving the map. The only way I can get it to appear is to save edits and then zoom/move the map. Anyone else experience this? It happens with lines and polygons too. The coordinate system for the map, feature class, and image I'm using for a basemap are all GCS WGS 1984. There are no definitions queries in the feature class. Any help would be much appreciated!

11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever get a solution for this? I am having this exact same issue. 

0 Kudos
CarolineMazo1
New Contributor

I'm also experiencing this issue - would like to know if either of you came across a solution.

0 Kudos
JohannesMitterer
New Contributor II

Same here with ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2. Interestingly, erroneous behaviour does not appear every time I manipulate features within a .aprx-Document (all elements are feature classes within a GDB):

I create and load Feature Classes using Python and manipulate them in ArcGIS Pro. Until now it worked perfectly with different documents. In the recent document, I have the above-described problems: Edits are not shown until Edits are saved and zoom-in/-out.

- Restart PC: no solution

- Restart ArcGIS Pro: no solution

- Save the same document using a different path: no solution

0 Kudos
ChadMisiuk
New Contributor II

We are also experiencing this and would like to know if there is a solution.

0 Kudos
JessicaDeNardo
New Contributor II

Same experience here.  I've dubbed them ghost polygons.  You can edit the attribute table, calculate acreage, etc, but its just not visible on the map and it won't rec/post your version.  Any solutions Esri!?

0 Kudos
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

Still seeing this occur a lot in 3.0.1 - any solutions or responses, total pain because when this happens the only fix I've found is to close/open Pro again.

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

Have experienced this on fGDB feature classes in Pro 3.0.1

0 Kudos
JessicaDeNardo
New Contributor II

Fingers crossed this is the solution.  I just got off the phone with an Esri Systems manager and showed him what it was doing.  He told me to go to Project > Options  > Display.  Scroll down to the bottom and check the box that says "Clear Cache each time the application closes." He said it is possible that it was getting confused with the current version that I made and the cached version.  If you don't close Pro every night, this won't work for you, but if you do, this should work in theory.  Time will tell if this works over the next several days.  Will report back!  Wanted to get it out there for others to try in the meantime.

JessicaDeNardo
New Contributor II

**UPDATE** So this alone did NOT do the trick.  The other thing I did was right click the layer properties and go to the Cache tab there and made sure to check "Don't cache any data locally" this immediately made the edits complete properly. (To be clear, I am editing versioned SDE data in an existing project.  That seemed to be the common denominator to all of my issues).  It's possible that "Clear cache when the session ends" may work well too, but I haven't tested it yet.  Note that this is on a per layer basis in each map in your project.  If this is happening to you in several projects, you will need to update the caching setting in each layer in every project.  But once you set it and save your project, you shouldn't have the problem again for that particular project.  You can select multiple layers at the same time and change the cache if there are multiple layers that are a problem.