Key numbering list placement

03-23-2020 07:02 AM
JustinMcCubbin1
New Contributor

Is there a way to manually move a list of key-numbered features in either ArcMap or Pro?  I know this question has been asked before but I've yet to see an answer. The screenshot below shows what I'm working with - I just want this list to go somewhere else; it appears too close to my other labelled features. Unfortunately, these features have the potential to change daily (COVID-19 emergency meal sites in my county) so converting to annotation is not a workable solution. Neither is applying a labeling weight to force them off the gray basemap, as this would shift all the other labels.

Any ideas?  Is there a setting I'm missing?

4 Replies
SamuelTroth2
Esri Contributor

Hi Justin,

It isn't possible to manually move the key number list unless it has been converted to annotation. The list displays the same way as a dynamic label, so would be effected by a weighted area. So excluding those options it isn't possible to move the list away from the other labels with the set-up you have currently.

There is another possible solution to your problem, you could use a dynamic table within a layout instead of a key number list.

What is the final product you are aiming for? In what way are you sharing this map? 

Regards,

Sam

KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

How could this be done with dynamic labeling?  I'm trying to force it to use key numbering on everything but no matter what I put the weights at Pro still doesn't key label everything.  It even leaves some labels unplaced instead of putting them in the key, which makes no sense.

0 Kudos
EmilyButler3
New Contributor

Hey @KeithAddison1 ,

Are you looking for the Key numbering method option in the Key Numbering Groups popup?EmilyButler3_0-1698340980436.png

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, that's it, thanks!  I miss the relatively less byzantine way ArcMap handled labeling options.

0 Kudos