Select to view content in your preferred language

Null field returns in feature queries

01-27-2021 03:06 PM
Labels (1)
MarlboroughDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

When a field returned by a feature query doesn't have a value, the pop-up window displays 'null' to the user. I think this would be better if it was simply left blank or had a dash or something else, rather than 'null'.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LaurenMcArtney
Esri Contributor

Hi @MarlboroughDistrict_Council  yes we have been looking at this as well! The dash could work or would something like "No data found" be suitable? We have added this to the backlog as well for review alongside other customer requests.

Additional question - for those feature queries that don't return any data at all, would you still want them displayed (exanded as they are now) or be collapsed with a message like "No data found" here as well (just tapping my other thoughts onto this comment haha) - see attached.

0 Kudos
MarlboroughDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

Yeah think either would be ok.

I've had the same thought about feature queries with no result. I think it would be more useful to have it there with 'no data found' than have it disappear completely

0 Kudos
LaurenMcArtney
Esri Contributor

Sweet, okay will add that to this item in our system. Agreed, think that still having the feature query title is important but having it inform folks that its just that nothing was found would work better. 

0 Kudos