Enhancing Multi-Selection and Highlighting Functionality in LocalMaps

a week ago
Labels (3)
SouthWaikatoDistrictCouncil
New Contributor

Hello,

When I select multiple objects (e.g. land parcels) in LocalMaps, it’s unclear which record in the attribute table corresponds to which land parcel in the selection. If I try to click on a single land parcel within the selection, the entire multi-selection disappears.

5.JPG

What I would like to see is the ability to select a record for one land parcel within the attribute table of a multi-selection, and have that specific record and its corresponding land parcel on the map highlighted in a different color. Importantly, the rest of the selection should remain intact, similar to the functionality shown in the second snapshot from IntraMaps. The third snapshot provides an example from ArcGIS Pro, where specific objects in the attribute table can be highlighted, and ArcGIS Pro allows zooming to the highlighted features.

6.JPG7.JPG

It would be incredibly useful if these functions could be incorporated into future versions of LocalMaps.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Aravindh_Rajendran
Esri Contributor

Hi @SouthWaikatoDistrictCouncil , thanks for the post. I can confirm that the select widget in the new version has a similar behaviour to v2 as per your description.

But this seems to be a great idea to be included in this board -LocalMaps NZ Ideas - Esri Community. We have considered and implemented a few ideas from here in the past and recently for v3. We can certainly look to develop this feature in the future releases based on the interests from other community members.