Chrome/Edge Update Affecting ArcGIS Enterprise - Any Impacts on LocalMaps 2.x?

4 weeks ago
Labels (2)
GISOfficer
Occasional Contributor

I’ve just been made aware of this article and the upcoming change to the Chromium engine in July which affects Enterprise versions prior to 11.3:

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/impact-of-google-chrome-and-microsoft-edge-127-updates...

I represent Hurunui and Kaikōura District Councils.  Hurunui is on 10.8.1 and will receive a patch, Kaikōura is on 10.6.1 and will not as the latter is out of support.  Thankfully we appear to have some time to deal with the issue for a couple of reasons, and it mostly seems to affect Portal which we can deal with.

My question to the LocalMaps team is does this affect LocalMaps 2.2 or 2.3?  We are on 2.2 for KDC and 2.3 for HDC.  We do not tend to use ArcGIS Enterprise apps but given that LocalMaps while not an Enterprise app is a web app and also based on Javascript 3.x then I would ask for advice from Eagle as to whether it will be affected by this issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

We only became aware of the issue overnight as well. Chrome has released a beta which is available now here https://www.google.com/chrome/beta/. The team will start testing to determine if there are impacts on LocalMaps. There is a policy setting that can be enabled in both browsers (MutationEventsEnabled) that will prevent the implementation of the feature. This will provide a work around until version 135, which is around nine months.

Aravindh_Rajendran
Esri Contributor

Hi @GISOfficer, As Grant highlighted, our Team will be testing LocalMaps against the beta version and can provide an update soon. 

GISOfficer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks team.

From experience with Portal 10.4 and Edge's IE mode during the IE retirement a couple of years ago I can advise a healthy degree of skepticism with those legacy browser settings - in this case the Mutation Events Enabled setting - but it's good that it's there at all and it gives us a chance.

0 Kudos
Aravindh_Rajendran
Esri Contributor

Hello @GISOfficer. We have done some testing and shared an update regarding the above -An update on the recent tests conducted on LocalMa... - Esri Community. If you encounter any issues, please let us know through localmapssupport@eagle.co.nz and we are happy to work with you in finding a solution. 

0 Kudos